Sunday, October 12, 2008

An exclusive interview with PB

The last remaining British eccentric


Your name, please?
Paddington Brown

Age?
That's something you don't ask a bear.


And what is your favourite form of transportation?
A shopping basket on wheels.

Do you have a favourite soap?
Bubble bath mixture. I often wonder how they get them inside one small pot.

Which is your favourite other TV programme/character and why?
The man who says, "That's the end of broadcasting for today".

What was your first ever job?
Painting my room (it was also my last job).

What one job/role would you have loved and why?
Lighting the blue touch paper on the first moon rocket.

Who is your favourite movie star?
The dog in the Tom and Jerry cartoons.

And your favourite Royal?
Royal Honey.

How would you describe yourself in five words?
Talk, dark, handsome, good imagination.

What is the worst item of clothing you ever bought?
A non-shrink shower cap. I couldn't get it off afterwards.

What do you wear in bed?
Pyjamas, plus a hat in winter to keep my head warm.

Who is your all-time hero/heroine?
Tarzan. He must have been very good at opening jars.

What is your most disgusting habit?
Mrs Bird says it's getting marmalade chunks stuck to everything.

When was the last time you cried and why?
I bit into a 'chocolate' coin and it turned out to be real!

Who or what is the great love of your life?
Marmalade.

What have you got in your wallet right now?
A moth.

What is the most expensive treat you've ever bought yourself?
A triple ice-cream cone with double chocolate sauce.

When was the last time you were in hospital and why?
Last Christmas. I was testing a boomerang ...

Where in the world would you live apart from the UK and why?
Darkest Peru. It was where I was born.

Who are your dream dinner guests?
The Roux Brothers (then they might ask me back!).

Which is the untidiest room in your home?
The kitchen. Mrs Brown doesn't know it yet, but I was looking for something to eat.

How do you relax?
I do lots of press ups, then I lie where I am until I recover.

When and why were you last angry?
When Mr Brown was told he couldn't go into a restaurant because it was closed for lunch.

Interview source Harper Collins Children